- I C Powertrain
- Intro I C Powertrain
Concept to Production
- Design and Analysis
- Prototyping & Design Verification
- Powertrain in Vehicle
- e-Drive Systems
- Intro e-Drive Systems
- e-Motor Engineering
- e-Motor Production
- Inverter Controls and Software
- Hybrid Vehicle Integration
- Introduction to IP
- Senior Manufacturing Engineer
- Materials Coordinator
- Sales Executive
- Sales Executive - South Africa
- Senior Development Engineer
- Software & Controls Engineer
- Chief Engineer / Business Development
- Design Engineer - Powertrain
- PLM Applications Engineer (AE)
- Technical Buyer
- Chief/Principal Electronics Engineer
With lower global emission standards for particulate and NOx emissions, and customer demands for increased performance and refinement, diesel powertrain systems now include more complex and diverse after treatment, EGR and boosting solutions. These are only the visible changes, as more sophisticated control strategies are now required to control these systems.
On today’s diesel applications, the combustion system and EGR system control the engine out emissions, for NOx and particulates. Finding the correct optimisation between NOx and particulates is one of the greater challenges and the interactions with the after-treatment system can affect significantly CO2 emissions and system cost.
We use advanced dyno based optimisation methods, including Model Based Calibration, for engine out emissions optimisation, driving the required specification of the after-treatment solution.
IP has recent production experience on a wide range of EMS systems and engine types, and a specialist team with experience of DPF and different types of NOx after treatment systems, for light and heavy duty applications.
Some of this capability includes:
- Concept definition of powertrain system hardware, including fuel injection system, EGR system and emission after treatment package. Complete system definition.
- Optimisation of EGR system hardware and control, including harmonisation of combustion control and temperature control features.
- Calibration and validation of DPF systems, including development and validation of soot models, management of the DPF system and control of regeneration functions.
- Diverse after-treatment systems for light duty applications, including applications for either SCR or LNT systems and their integration with DOC and DPF.
- Specification, development, calibration and validation of heavy duty DOC, DPF and SCR after-treatment systems. We have in house FTIR capability for advanced system development and individual component efficiency validation.