- I C Powertrain
- Intro I C Powertrain
Concept to Production
- Design and Analysis
- Prototyping & Design Verification
- Powertrain in Vehicle
- e-Drive Systems
- Intro e-Drive Systems
- e-Motor Engineering
- e-Motor Production
- Inverter Controls and Software
- Hybrid Vehicle Integration
- Introduction to IP
- Powertrain Test Technician
- FEA / Senior Analysis Engineer
- IT Administrator
- Stores person
- Motorsport / Prototype Buyer
- Integral Powertrain Graduate Scheme 2017
- Software and Validation, Verification Engineer
- Workshop Technician
- Senior Development Engineer
- Design Engineer - Powertrain
- Graduate PLM Applications Engineer
Robustness in strategy design, analysis of monitor data, and careful threshold setting calibration is the key to successful development of OBD systems.
IP employs a mix of its own MATLAB based analysis tools, Client tools for calibration of threshold setting parameters for all the monitors. Statistical evaluation is used to ensure the necessary robustness is achieved for each monitor, including the effect of max / min tolerance interactions on various components. This layer of analysis provides the minimum risk of unwanted errors or MIL events.
Where required, development vehicles outside the calibration fleet can be fitted with remote logging systems to collect monitor data remotely, and to ensure that acceptable IUPR values are achieved.
IP has extensive capability in a wide range of OBD system project work, from development of new OBD strategy through monitor calibration, sign off and robustness testing.
Some of our experience and capability includes:
• OBD calibration on most of the major powertrain control systems.
• Calibration and sign off of all the legislated monitors for gasoline and diesel applications, and compliance with both EU and CARB legislation.
• OBD system specification and strategy development for new systems and for algorithm improvement of existing monitors.
• Support of full OBD fleet validation testing, run by client or by ourselves on the client's behalf. Validation of IUPR values and robustness using remote logging on the wider development fleet.
To complement our experience, we also have a wide range of tools and methods, which include:
• Advanced MATLAB based tools for data collection and analysis, supporting reduced timescales and costs for OBD monitor calibration.
• Powerful statistical analysis methods, to provide real confidence that monitor thresholds and completion strategies are optimally set for both maximum robustness and consistent monitor completion.
• Physical modelling approach for certain monitors, for example combining combustion and kinematic modelling to optimise misfire monitor strategy and calibration on different engine configurations.